The School Uniform debate continues in school districts throughout the United States, however the following advantages to having a dress code policy remains:
- School uniforms may deter crime and increase student safety.
- School uniforms keep students focused on their education, not their clothes.
- School uniforms create a level playing field among students, reducing peer pressure and bullying.
- Wearing uniforms enhances school pride, unity, and community spirit.
- School uniforms may improve attendance and discipline.
- Uniform policies save valuable class time because they are easier to enforce than a standard dress code.
- School uniforms prevent the display of gang colors and insignia.
- School uniforms make getting ready for school easier, which can improve punctuality.
- School uniforms can save parents money.
- Students dressed in uniform are better perceived by teachers and peers.